About BlueWave & aql
Our mission is to empower a better-connected society by providing innovation which enables and underpins seamless communications between cities, communities, people and businesses.
We’re the engine behind many global brands and have been a trusted hidden partner for tens of thousands of businesses from startups to scale-ups.
We handle millions of text messages a day, millions of voice minutes, hundreds of thousands of remote connected devices. We also are the enablers behind the first significant northern internet infrastructure, handling many hundreds of Terabits of capacity.
A common thread running through all of our products and services, particularly so during this pandemic, is that we’re enabling smart companies to get to market quicker with innovative services to help every sector work better.
We’re looking for a technical Mobile Architect to assist in building and delivering new technology services for the company. You will be part of a team that’s responsible for the development of network architecture, transmission connectivity and business processes during the deployment of a global mobile data network, on-boarding new customers in a seamless, professional and timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with a high degree of literacy and numeracy.
- Delivery focused and results orientation.
- Collaborative working style, however can work independently at times but be able to keep team members and leadership appraised of progress and issues.
- Flexible approach and able to cope with changing priorities and deliverables.
- A passion for quality technical designs and architectures, coupled with a pragmatic approach to design that will ensure effective solutions.
- Comprehensive network design and implementation experience.
- Able to work cross functionally with partners, project managers and engineers to build our network.
- Able to develop requirements and implementation plans with business partners and executive teams.
- Able to develop automation and tooling as needed to support connectivity deployment initiatives.
- Experience of configuration and testing of wireless systems (3G, 4G LTE, 5G) in lab and field trial environments, with focus on cellular core network elements (MSC, IMS, MME, SGW/PGW, OCS, PCRF, etc).
- Configuration and integration of RAN radio equipment and backhaul technologies such as microwave/satellite with EPC core network.
- Testing and validation of features such as LTE mobility management, handoffs, roaming architecture, CSFB, VoLTE, etc.
- Experience with IPv6 and IPv4 networking in routing and switching.
- Experience designing and deploying scaled wireless networks at WISP, mobile network or telco.
- Proficiency in working with and troubleshooting wireless networks and wireless telecom equipment to include 3G/4G/5G cellular, Wi-Fi and microwave.
- Experience with carrier backhaul including microwave and fibre transport networks.
- Experience configuring, testing and integrating UE, eNB, SGW, MME, PGW, EPC, PCRF, OCS, IMS.
- Working knowledge of 3GPP specifications, specifically 3G UMTS, 4G LTE and 5G.
- Automation software experience and familiarity.
- Experience with cloud-based controllers, orchestrators, carrier Wi-Fi offload, LTE-U and Private LTE.
- Experience in building roaming relationships with network partners.
- Ability to take a lead on Architectural design decisions.